Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Where I Went In the Southwest

Hey everyone!
I went to Phoenix,The Santa Fe trail,The Grand canyon,The Hoover Dam and Bricktown. I think they all were really fun.
   At the Grand Canyon, I learned so many things.  Like that it was carved by the Colorado river or that it is 277 miles long and is up to 5,000 feet deep! I certainly would not want to fall down there!
   When I went to the Hoover Dam I learned that it was constructed between 1931 and 1936.The Hoover Dam is in Mohave County Arizona. I think that the Hoover dam is a huge tourist attraction.
   Next I went to Phoenix,Arizona. Phoenix is the capital of Arizona and the sixth most populated city in the U.S. The population is over 1,000,000! Phoenix was founded in 1861. In Phoenix there are 5c's,copper,cattle,climate,cotton and citrus.
   When I went to the Santa Fe Trail I learned that was a 19th century transportation route. It connected Missouri to Santa Fe, New Mexico during the Mexican-American war.
   Lastly, I went to Bricktown. Bricktown is east of downtown Oklahoma city the first brick structures were typically only one or two stories high and built from 1898 to 1903. Larger ones were built from 1903 to 1911.
                                                                 Thanks For Reading,
                                                                            Kathleen 

No comments:

Post a Comment