Sunday, April 17, 2011

Where I went

Today I went to  Fort Dearborn which is so cool.  Fort Dearborn was created it honor of Henry Dearborn. Fort Dearborn is in Chicago and was built in 1803. The site of Fort Dearborn is located on Wacker Drive and Michigan Avenue in Chicago.
   I also went to the Badlands. The Badlands are in southwestern South Dakota and northwestern Nebraska. They are made of sedimentary rocks, clay and rich soil eroded by wind and water.
   I also went to the Mississippi river which I think everyone should visit. The Mississippi river flows 2,340 miles. The Mississippi river borders 10 states.
   I went to Chicago for my major city. Chicago is a Native American word shikaakwa which translates to wild garlic or wild onion. Chicago was founded in 1833. Chicago has been called The Windy City, Second City and City of Big Shoulders. The worlds fair The Culumbian Exposition was held to celebrate the 400th anniversary  of Christopher Columbus's arrival in 1492.
   Mount Rushmore is a place I've wanted to go forever. The faces of the presidents on Mount Rushmore are George Washington, Tomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. Constructing the monument began in 1927 and ended in October 1941.
                                                                           Thanks For Reading My Blog,
                                                                                              Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment