Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where I Went In the West

   In the west I went to the Golden Gate bridge, Mount Saint Helen's, the Pacific Ocean, Las Angeles and Las Vegas. To start off my trip to the west I went to the Golden Gate bridge. The bridge connects the San Francisco bay into the pacific ocean. I learned that the Golden Gate bridge was the longest bridge in the world when it was completed in 1937. I think the golden gate bridge is good for the tourism because people come to San Francisco just to see it.
   I also went to Mount Saint Helen's which is located in Skamia, Washington which  is northeast of Portland,Oregon. I learned about the big catastrophic eruption that happened there on May 18, 1980. I think that helped the tourism in Skamia.
   Went I visited the Pacific ocean and I learned that 165.2 million square feet in area. Also, that the Pacific ocean covers 46% of the earths water surface. I think that having the Pacific ocean near by is a HUGE resource because of all the seafood you can get fresh.
   When I went to L.A. I saw Justin Bieber! I went on a tour that taught me all about the city, stuff like the words Las Angeles are Spanish for the angels. Also that the population is about 3.8 million. I learned that there is a lot of tourism and I think that is because of all the famous sites.
   To end my trip to the west I went to Las Vegas. Las Vegas is the most popular city in Nevada. Did you know that Las Vegas became a city in 1911. I think that all of the gambling is good for the economy because people go there, spend money gambling and then go home.
                                                                                      Thanks For Reading,
                                                                                                        Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment